Personalized Skin Care Regimen
Hello beautiful lady! 😍
It was such a pleasure meeting you yestarday! I have created your skin care program designed to address all your skin care concerns and include follow-up skincare that is tailored to your skin and its unique behavior. I am so excited to work with you and see all the transformation of your skin.
Thank you for sharing me the list of the ingredients in your make-up. However, the skincare ingredients in your cosmetics will block the pores of your skin and cause breakouts to occur.
As promised, I’ve attached your home care product recommendations when and how to use each product. I hope that this information is helpful. If you have questions or concerns or you think that I have missed something, please jot me a note!
Sending Love & Blessings Your Way,
2. Apply the Mela-Prep Lotion
3. Apply Mela-Fade Serum System
4. Apply Mela-Even Cream directly to the areas where uneven skin tone/hyperpigmentation is present or all over your face and neck.
Use morning and evening.
Environ Focus Care Radiance+ Range
Environ’s revolutionary 3-step Mela-Smart System is compromised of 4 innovative products that work together to help inhibit the appearance of the effects of the 6 complex steps involved in the formation of hyperpigmentation and other forms. It targets the root causes of skin discolouration dark spots, and uneven skin tone to reveal a more even-toned, radiant skin complexion.
1. Low Foam Cleansing Gel
This low foaming gel cleanser gently removes excess surface oil, make-up and impurities while assisting in maintaining the benefits of the skin’s natural moisture balance.
Low Foam Cleansing Gel washes off easily and leaves skin feeling refreshed and clean.
How to Use:
Apply to Low Foam Cleansing Gel to damp skin.
- Massage will with your fingertips until a smooth lather is formed and rinse with tepid water.
- Tone and follow your recommended Environ Vitamin A moisturizer.
Use morning and evening.
2. Mela Prep Lotion $88:
Environ Mela-Prep Lotion ( formerly Evenescence Clarifying Lotion ) is a luxurious lotion that contains an expertly formulated combination of highly specialised ingredients that assist in improving the appearance of uneven skin tone and visible sun damage, leaving the skin looking brighter and more evenly toned.
Mela-Prep Lotion nourishes the skin with important water-soluble ingredients that inhibit the production of melanin. It maintains the skin’s natural acid mantle and can either be used on small, easily defined pigment blemishes, or as a whole face & neck solution for extensive uneven skin tone. Comes complete with a penetrant enhancer that allows for increased penetration of the active ingredients for faster, more effective results.
Key ingredients include two powerful active ingredients – Niacinamide and Sepiwhite-MSH – which are specially formulated to control the formation of melanin which is the key cause of uneven skin tone.
Environ Mela-Prep Lotion is ideal to be used in combination with Environ’s Mela-Fade Serum System.
How To Use:
Apply this product with the cotton bud or the fingertip on your entire face
3. Mela Fade Serum A+ B $124:
This innovative serum system boasts a potent blend of vitamins and botanicals that assist in targeting the root causes of skin discoloration and helps to improve the appearance of uneven skin tone and visible sun damage.
– Guard the skin against photoageing and pigmentation
– Protect the basement membrane and prevents the generation of stagnant melanin by inhibiting tryptase activity, assisting to improve the appearance of age spots
– Suppress melanin production
– Assist in the prevention of pigmentation, leaving the skin looking clearer and more radiant
– Guard the skin against external stressors that stimulate melanogenesis
How To Use:
Then mix equal amounts of Serum A and Serum B in the palm of the hand, gently massage into the pigmented areas of the skin morning and night.
4. Intense C-Boost Mela-Even Cream $99:
Environ Focus Care Intense C-Boost Mela-Even Cream is a clarifying cream that contains a stable form of vitamin C (ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate) in a light and non-greasy formula.
CBoost is ideal for sun damage, pigmentation, fine lines and capillaries as well as for the maintenance of a healthy skin. Available in a 25ml Aluminium laminated tube that shields the active ingredients from sunlight.
This non-greasy, light clarifying cream generally tightens and refines the skin, assists in moisturising while at the same time supporting the creation of improved collagen. Skin will start to take on a radiant glow and become smoother and firmer.
How To Use:
Finally, apply Intense C-Boost to the full face.
What Causes Melasma?
There are two main causes of melasma: radiation, whether ultraviolet, visible light, or infrared (heat) light; and hormones.
Ultraviolet and infrared radiation from the sun are key in making melasma worse. Other possible causes of melasma include:
- Antiseizure medications: Drugs that prevent you from having seizures may be a cause of melasma. An example of an antiseizure medication is Clobazam (Onfi®).
- Contraceptive therapy (birth control): Melasma has been observed in individuals who use oral contraceptive pills that contain estrogen and progesterone.
- Estrogen/Diethylstilbestrol: Diethylstilbestrol is a synthetic (man-made) form of the hormone estrogen. It’s often used in treatments for prostate cancer. Again, there’s a pattern between increased estrogen and melasma.
- Genetics: About 33% to 50% of people with melasma have reported that someone else in the family has it. The majority of identical twins both have melasma.
- Hypothyroidism : it’s a condition where your thyroid is underactive.7
- LED Screens: Melasma may be caused by the LED lights from your television, laptop, cell phone and tablet.
- Pregnancy: It is unclear why “the mask of pregnancy” happens to pregnant women. However, experts theorize that the increased levels of estrogen, progesterone and the melanocyte-stimulating hormones during the third trimester of pregnancy play a role.
- Hormones: Hormones like estrogen and progesterone may play a role in some people. Postmenopausal women are sometimes given progesterone, and have been observed developing melasma. If you aren’t pregnant, you likely have elevated levels of estrogen receptors found in your melasma lesions.
- Makeup (cosmetics): Some cosmetics can cause what’s called a phototoxic reaction.
- Phototoxic drugs (medicines that make you sensitive to sunlight): These include some antibiotics, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), diuretics, retinoids, hypoglycaemics, antipsychotics, targeted therapies and some other drugs
Is There a Cure for Melasma?
Melasma is hard to treat.
Depending on the person, melasma may go away on its own, it may be permanent, or it may respond to treatment within a few months. Most cases of melasma will fade away with time and especially with good protection from sunlight and other sources of light. Unfortunately, there is no definitive treatment that will automatically make melasma disappear. At this time there is no way to remove dermal pigment.
- Recommend it if you have melasma, be sure to avoid if you can. I also understand at the same time we can’t avoid all that.
- Hormone treatments, specifically ones that involve estrogen.
- Birth control, specifically oral contraceptive pills that contain estrogen and progesterone.
- LED light from your television, laptop, cell phone and tablet.
- Medications that may cause or worsen melasma.
Here’s the info about supplements: $64
The DMK EFA+ supplements are a powerful group of essential fatty acids 3,6,7 and 9, derived from evening primrose and sea buckthorn oils and are required for the healthy structure of all membranes within the body.
These supplements contain 190 nutrients and bioactive substances all sourced from plant-based ingredients which “waterproof” the skin. These supplements repair and maintain the acid mantle of the skin and keep the barrier of the skin impermeable whilst increasing free water levels within the skin for hydration, which keeps the skin plump and smooth.
DMK EFA+ only uses the purest raw materials that are compounded in the USA with their FDA registered lab. They are designed for a wide variety of skin conditions to repair the cell membranes, reduce inflammation and help to rebuild stronger, healthier, and better functioning skin.
DMK EFA+ are formulated to aid in the improvement of the skin’s barrier function and heavily decrease transepidermal water loss. They are particularly beneficial and necessary for dry and dehydrated skin, acne, congested, inflamed or reactive skin, rosacea, eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis, tissue repair, joint pain, strengthening hair and nails, pigmentation, fine lines, wrinkles, and ageing complexions.
Senya Ivanko is the owner and operator of Xenia Skin Care & Spa. With years of experience and a continuous desire to bring new techniques and services to her spa, she welcomes questions about her background, training, experience, and passion for technologically advanced customized skin care treatments.
My Personal Favorites
NOT READY YET